Thursday, November 24, 2011

Frozen Whoopie Pies

One major perk of the food styling world are the take aways. There is a lot of un-used product in my work world. Recently I acquired an insane amount of beef ranging from porter house, skirt steaks, fillets, sirloins. So there goes the notion of trying to rationalize not eating meat. Luckily I have a household of teen age boys that did not let this meat go to waste. We get pantry items, fish, chicken, many odd ingredients that you think you might want to try to use....ok you get the point. And yes there are times when the food is donated which any one of us on set are happy about. Anyways my most recent take away ( on the most opposite end of porter house) were the Keebler wafer cookies that are used for ice box cakes or ground up for pie crusts. So I was trying to figure out how to best utilize these little chocolate cookies. Obviously I could make an icebox cake. But I felt like it would just sit untouched in the freezer. so how do I make something that is easy to grab and appealing to the eye. So I came up with the frozen whoopee pie. They are begging for you to grab one from the freezer. Minimal ingredients and preparation. And hey although the weather is getting colder who said you don't want to eat an icebox treat in the winter.

FROZEN WHOOPIE PIES
1 sleeve chocolate Keebler wafers
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup 10x sugar
Drop of peppermint extract
Splash creme de menthe

Whip the cream to stiff peaks and just fold in the rest of the ingredients. Pipe filling onto cookies on top with another to make a sandwich and freeze.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Recipes